Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nha Trang

I'm not going to rave - I'm not going to rant - this place is what it is.
Full of suckers who don't know about Jungle Beach 30 minutes thatta way. We've come in to use the HBO channel and saddle tomorrow's train at 5am.

I do have 1 story though. Our plan was to sleep in and go grab brunch around 11. That plan went really well until 6am when I was wide awake and really hungry by 9. Desh was fine - so I decided to go brave it at a local cafe in a hole in a wall down the road. Of course it was near impossible to communicate - but after a bit of pointing I got a plate of rice with Pork, a chicken drumstick, veges and soup for $3NZ.. I also had an audience of locals who politey sat and watched me eat. Well, I came back to the room hyperactive which lead me to believe they lace their food with MSG - sure enough an hour later I got hungry again and my mood crashed big time.. and kinda remained for the day. Needless to say I went for a 2nd breaky to try recover at 12 for a cheesey omelette and fresh mango juice... mmmm

I decided to show you this instead of the beach - cause you probably would have seen a similar one in a brochure for the Gold Coast.

























I thought I would post a pic of the room we have to give an idea of how we live. This is $20US - you can get a room in this town for $7 with no TV and no space - but this is a newish hotel with rooftop swimming pool - aircon - balcony - TV with cable - Bath - and 2 double beds.. which Desh has used as an opportunity for alone time and star fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment